“Absolutely certain!” he exclaimed. “It was an asteroid that killed the dinosaurs!”
“Submit your evidence,” I challenged.
“Evidence?” Jim rubbed his chin. “Well, you know, the earth’s rocks do show that asteroids have fallen in the past. And it could have happened… And, you know, the dinosaurs have become extinct. So isn’t that enough?”
Nice theory… Dramatic…Exciting… but don’t bet your life on it!
HOW TO GET THE TRUTH
Look, it all boils down to connected facts. Suppose you ask me why I have taped garlick onto my letter box, and I reply, “Because it keeps the wild elephants out of my street.”
“But,” you point out, “There are no wild elephants in the whole country.”
And I beam, “See? The garlick is working!”
You might recommend a psychiatrist.
Can you see what is the problem with my theory? After all, haven’t I given you two facts? (a) Garlick on my letterbox, and (b) no wild elephants in my street. But you will point out that these two FACTS bear no relationship to each other whatsoever. These two UNRELATED FACTS do not give me the TRUTH! I must stick to DIRECT RELATIONSHIPS.
Assumptions, speculations and conjecture are OUT! For a correct understanding of the past, conjecture, assumption, opinion, speculation, and guessing, are all forbidden. There are 101 theories about dinosaur extinction. But they all fail. Why? Because they overlook directly-linked relationship evidence. And one fact that is generally overlooked is this:
That it wasn’t just the dinosaurs that died suddenly.
IT WASN’T JUST THE DINOSAURS
There is a most crucial circumstance concerning the earth’s strata and the fossils that is not generally disclosed to the public, and which many geologists apparently do not recognise. On every continent, and in numerous places on each, are vast “fossil graveyards”, where masses of flora and fauna have been swept to a sudden death in their millions. These areas are often packed with both land and sea creatures from different habitats and even different climatic zones – all mixed and buried together in a completely unnatural way.
There is evidence that a great disaster took place, in which creatures of all types perished together – mostly fit, young and old, with fleet legs, strong muscles and sharp teeth. And with plenty of food around. Artifacts of man are found among them. They all died together, suddenly and violently, high up on hills and mountains. Gripped by the same terror, wild beasts and tame struggle together to higher grounds.
Some of the people bind their children and themselves upon powerful animals, knowing that these will climb to the highest peaks to escape the rising waters. Some fasten themselves to tall trees on the hills or mountains, but the trees are uprooted and hurled into the billows.
As the waters rise higher, the people flee for refuge to the loftiest heights. Often man and beast struggle together for a foothold… in the blinding rain.
In amphitheatres in the hills, they find themselves trapped. In great numbers they throng together, pushing into caves, swarming over the ground in front.
Until the waters rise and cover them. Strong animals, without a sign of degeneration, come to an end. This is not the survival of the fittest. Fit and unfit, and mostly fit, old and young with sharp teeth, with strong muscles, with fleet legs, with plenty of food around, all perish.
The earth is even at this moment convulsing, opening up fissures to swallow many of them, as they collect on the tops of these hills. Then the huge waves smash over them large rocks and debris, until their bones are crushed and smashed. Here, often thousands of feet up, they are washed into crevices and held tight.
Just in case you were not aware, here is an intriguing fact.
When in great panic, flesh-eating animals and the animals that are usually their prey, flee together. They do not attack each other or fear each other. All gripped by the same terror, they pay no attention to one another. Their mutual animosity is lost in a common fear.
DINOSAURS DROWNED WITH OTHER CREATURES
Yes, big as they were, dinosaurs suffered the same watery fate – followed by rapid burial. This is evidence that some scientists prefer to ignore. Great dinosaur beds have been excavated in Alberta, Belgium, New Mexico, Tanzania, Spitzbergen and many other places. All over the world, paleontologists have found caches of fossilized dinosaurs that were buried instantly in a catastrophic movement of water.
(L.Dingus and D. Loope. 2000. “Death in the Dunes.” Natural History 109, no. 6; Orndorff, R. L., et al. 2001. “How the West Was Swum.” Natural History 110, no. 5; Sereno, P. 1996. “Africa’s Dinosaur Castaways.” National Geographic 189, no. 6)
These Iguanadon are now on display at the Royal Museum of Natural History in Brussels.
- In the Gobi desert a large predatory dinosaur was found still clutching the skull of its victim – a small armoured dinosaur. Some reptiles are found with their skeletons curled up in a sleeplike posture; others in walking, standing and paddling positions.
- The animals were caught and buried as they went about their various activities. Others were killed as they struggled to escape. They were preserved in large numbers.
- A gliding pterosaur enclosed the skeletons of two fish species in its pouch.
- The stomachs of ichthyosaurs (dolphin-shaped sea reptiles) also contain remains of prey. Others were giving birth as burial suddenly came to them.
- “Many entire skeletons of duck-billed dinosaurs have been excavated in… swimming position with the head thrown back as if in death throes.” (Bjorn Kurten, The Age of Dinosaurs)
- It seems that in their death throes they were STRAINING TO KEEP THEIR HEADS ABOVE WATER!
At Dinosaur National monument, which lies partly in Utah and partly in Colorado, none of the dinosaur skeletons is complete. The bones lie as if they had been tumbled together. They are probably lying as they were washed together by the waters of the Great Flood.
Evolutionists have had to devise elaborate theories to explain why these animals, which are not aquatic, should have died violently in water. Their contorted shapes, their massive numbers in fossil graveyards, as well as the presence of whole skeletons showing evidence of rapid burial, all speak of a colossal flood.
These mass entombments are what would be expected if there indeed occurred something like the biblical Flood in ancient times. This is particularly likely in light of the fact that these water-borne graveyards appear all over the planet.
Joe Taylor of Mt. Blanco Fossil Museum in Texas announced in 2003:
“At our T-rex site this summer in Montana, we found with the Rex, parts of a Triceratops, Hadrosaur and Raptor (all land animals) mixed with crocodile teeth, closed clams and turtles (probably water turtles).
“In the Colorado Morrison formation site, we found Sauropods, Stegosaur and Allosaur (also land animals) mixed with fish, crocodile and turtles. One big Sauropod is upside down, and an Ankylosaur 10 feet away is also probably upside down.
“As far as I know all Ankylosaurs found to date in the USA are buried upside down, indicating water burial.”
DINOSAURS AND PEOPLE BOTH PERISHED
It is important to note that there is much evidence that dinosaurs and men did live side by side.
There was mass extinction in all parts of the world simultaneously – and sudden burial! WHAT WOULD IT TAKE TO DO THIS?
Creatures long dead speak with thunder tones to this generation; not of slow evolutionary development and burial, but of a violent global Flood.
There is abundant evidence that most life forms – including dinosaurs – survived this great catastrophe, even continuing until modern times. Man’s racial memory is full of preserved accounts of interaction with large creatures which fit the descriptions of dinosaurs (as we call them today).
The more ancient stories are more matter-of-fact in quality, while the more recent ones tend to be more fanciful – which would be expected if the dinosaur was now becoming a rarity.
- * An old science book, Historia Animalium, says that “dragons” lived in Europe as late as the sixteenth century. But the animals were said to be extremely rare and relatively small by then.
- * In 900 A.D., an Irish writer reported meeting a huge animal with thick legs, strong claws and “iron” spikes on its back. Was this a Stegosaurus?
- * The French city of Nerius changed its name after a “dragon” with long, sharp horns on its head was killed there. It was probably a Triceratops.
- * Some old Chinese history books even tell of a family that kept “dragons” and raised their babies. It is said that in those days Chinese kings used “dragons” to pull royal chariots on special occasions.
- * Such creatures were battled by Gilgamesh of Babylon (this one was eating forest growth); King Morvidus of Wales about 336 B.C. (who was killed by it); King Peredur of Wales (who slew it at a place called Llyn Llion); Beowulf of Europe about 495-583 A.D. (who killed two, but lost his life at 88 in the process of killing another); Siegfried of the ancient Teutons; Tristan, King Arthur and Sir Lancelot of Britain, and, of course, the famous St. George (c. 300 A.D.).
- Early records of the fight between St. George and the dragon are much more sober and believable than the popular accounts written later in children’s books on fables. There may be some basis of truth in the story.
- * Fraser of Glenvackie is credited with having killed the last known “dragon” in Scotland. The date, according to historical records, is about 1520.
- * On May 13, 1572, a farmer in northern Italy killed a dinosaur-like creature. It was examined and described by Italian scientist Ulysses Aldrovandas.
My files are jam-packed with such reports through history. There is something striking about these “dragon” or “monster” reports and legends:
1. They exist virtually worldwide.
2. There are many items of similarity between the
creatures slain and known dinosaur fossils.
We have just scraped the surface. But there is more… much more. For further information concerning the great disaster that wiped out dinosaurs, other creatures, and even mankind, please go to